If you’re trying to navigate the web and suddenly your Mouse Stops Working for a few seconds, then the cause of the problem is likely due to be a technical issue. It could be that your mouse is experiencing a hardware malfunction, your computer is experiencing a software malfunction, or you’re experiencing a network issue. Whatever the problem is, I’ll give you some solutions for your mouse.
What To Do If Your Mouse Stops Working Due To Hardware Malfunction
1. Check Cable Connection
This is the most essential step that you want to perform. In the event that you are utilizing a wired mouse, guarantee that the link is embedded safely into the USB port on your PC and the opposite finish of the link into your mouse. You might have to eliminate or change some other links close to your mouse so it has a make way to speak with your PC.
2. Change USB Ports When Mouse Stops Working
Once in a while, your USB ports might cause your mouse stops working. Take a stab at utilizing an alternate USB port or an alternate link if conceivable. This applies to both wired mice and the USB dongle of a remote mouse. In the event that this doesn’t work, have a go at connecting it to an alternate PC. On the off chance that that actually doesn’t work, then, at that point, your mouse could have some kind of inside issue with it that should be supplanted or fixed by an expert.
3. Clean Mouse Pad
Clean the outer layer of the mouse cushion with material and ensure that there is no soil or residue stuck on it. Likewise, clean the outer layer of the actual mouse utilizing a fabric. In the event that there’s any soil or residue on the two surfaces, this could create issues since it will influence how your cursor moves around.
4. Check Mouse Distance
On the off chance that you’re utilizing a Bluetooth mouse, ensure you’re inside the suggested distance of the beneficiary. In the event that you’re excessively far away, the association might break and make your mouse quit answering.
5. Change Batteries
In the event that your mouse is remote, take a stab at changing the batteries. On the off chance that you’ve involved the mouse from here onward, indefinitely for quite a while, the batteries may run short. Have a go at supplanting them with new ones and check whether that makes a difference.
6. Try an Alternate Mouse
In the event that your mouse continues to freeze, give an alternate mouse shot to a similar PC and check whether it has a similar issue. You might have a terrible or defective mouse. This step will assist you with precluding the chance of a wrecked mouse that needs substitution.
What To Do If Your Mouse Stops Working Due To Software Malfunction
1. Update Mouse Drivers
Your PC utilizes drivers to speak with equipment gadgets like printers and mice so they know how to cooperate appropriately. In the event that one of these drivers becomes obsolete, it could cause issues with how the gadget’s capabilities on your PC. Equipment makers discharge refreshed drivers for their items which further develop similarities with Windows or resolve bugs with more established equipment designs.
1. Press the Win + X keys and select “Device Manager” from the choices that show up.
2. Navigate to “Mice and other pointing devices.”
3. Select your mouse, right-click and pick “Update Driver Software” starting from the drop menu.
4. Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”
Assuming you make certain about the particular driver that should be refreshed, you can avoid this step and go straightforwardly to your producer’s site to check whether there’s any suitable for download.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall Mouse Drivers
Once in a while, the issue with your mouse is brought about by degenerate drivers. To fix this, uninstall the flow driver and afterward reinstall it.
1. Hit the Win + X keys to open the “Quick Access” menu and select “Device manager.”
2. Scroll down and select “Mice and other pointing devices.”
3. Select your mouse, right-click and pick “Uninstall” starting from the drop menu.
4. Once you restart your PC, Windows will track down the gadget and reinstall the most recent driver for it.
3. Disable Extra Mouse Drivers
Now and then, when you interface another gadget to your PC, it will naturally introduce its own driver programming – regardless of whether it needs one. This can cause clashes with your current mouse driver, which will bring about your mouse freezing up when you attempt to utilize it.
1. On your PC, hit the Win + X alternate route and open “Device manager”.
2. Navigate to “Mice and other pointing devices.”
3. Right-click on the extra mouse and select “Properties”.
4. Select the “Driver” tab, click on “Disable” and lastly press “Ok”.
4. Restart File Explorer
Assuming that your mouse continues to freeze in Windows, you might have the option to fix the issue by restarting Record Pioneer. The mouse issue may be a result of a program becoming inert. The Document Pilgrim process can’t answer different projects that are attempting to get to it, so nothing will occur however long the program stays in this state.
1. Press the Windows + X keys to open the “Fast Access” menu and select “Task manager”.
2. Locate Windows Wayfarer, right-click on it and select “Restart”.
5. Switch Off Power Saving For USB Ports
In the event that your mouse continues to freeze, it very well may be a direct result of force-saving settings on your PC. At the point when your PC is running short on power, it will close down certain highlights to save money on influence. To debilitate such elements, follow these means:
1. Open “Device manager” utilizing the Windows+ X key.
2. Navigate to “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and grow by tapping on it
3. Right-click on “USB Root HUB” and select “Properties”.
4. Navigate to the “Power management” tab.
5. Uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” box then, at that point, click “Ok” to settle.
6. Rollback to Past Mouse Drivers
At times, a terrible driver update can create issues. Assuming your mouse is freezing in Windows, perhaps the earliest move toward an attempt is moving back to a previous rendition of the driver that was working impeccably.
1. On your PC, open “Device manager” utilizing the Win + X key.
2. Navigate to “Mice and other pointing devices.”
3. Right-click on your mouse and select “Properties”.
4. Select the Driver tab, proceed “Roll Back Driver” then, at that point, click “Ok”.
7. Disable Mouse Pointer Precision
While this might seem like an unusual arrangement, crippling mouse pointer accuracy can assist with lessening mouse slack and freezing.
1. Click on the Windows search symbol and type “Control Panel” to open the application.
2. Type mouse settings in the hunt bar and select “Change mouse settings.”
3. Select the “Pointer Options” tab.
4. Uncheck the “Enhance pointer precision” box and snap “Ok” to save your changes.
8. Uninstall Latest Installed Applications
On the off chance that your mouse is freezing, it very well may be an issue with an application you as of late introduced or refreshed. To investigate this issue, uninstall all applications that you have introduced as of late. On the off chance that this tackles the issue, reinstall them each in turn until you track down the guilty party.
1. Hit the Success + R keys to open the Run order.
2. Type in “appwiz.cpl” in the discourse box to open “Projects and Highlights”.
3. Right-click on the application you need to uninstall then select Uninstall.
9. Check for Malware
On the off chance that your PC has been tainted with an infection or other type of malware, it very well may be causing the freezing issue. Malware can likewise create some issues with different peripherals including consoles and outer hard drives. On the off chance that conceivable, run an antivirus filter on your PC and ensure that it’s running the most recent updates.
1. Hit the Windows search button at the base.
2. Type “Windows Security” in the pursuit bar and snap “Open”.
3. Navigate to “Infection and danger assurance”
4. Select “Fast sweep” to check for any malware.
Now and again, your antivirus programming may likewise be the explanation your mouse continues to freeze. It could be on the grounds that it is checking for infections at an unseemly time, for example, while you’re utilizing the PC. If so, switching off programmed examining may be smart.
Additionally read: Shrewd Speaker Sound Quality Standoff
10. Set Fast Startup To Disable
Assuming your mouse freezes when you start your PC, quite possibly’s this is brought about by Window’s quick startup highlight. This is a programmed highlight that is intended to assist your PC with booting quicker. While it’s perfect for accelerating boot times, it can likewise create issues with your mouse and different peripherals.
1. On your PC, open “Control Board” as made sense of above.
2. Click on “Framework and Security.”
3. Select “Power Choices.”
4. Click on “Pick what the power buttons do.”
5. Select “Change settings that are presently inaccessible.”
6. Scroll down and uncheck the “Turn on quick startup” box.
7. Click “Save changes.”
11. Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
The investigator for equipment and gadgets can identify assuming there are any issues with the equipment introduced on your PC. When it brings up an issue, it will suggest arrangements.
1. On your PC, utilize the Windows search button to search for “Control Panel”.
2. Search for “Troubleshooting” utilizing the hunt confine the upper right corner and snap the choice to open it.
3. Click on “Hardware and Soundd.”
4. Select “Hardware and devices.”
5. Click the next button.
6. Wait for the troubleshooter to complete the process of identifying issues and apply the suggested arrangements.
12. Run SFC And DISM Orders
The Framework Record Checker (SFC) order checks for absent or ruin framework documents, which can create issues with your PC, and replaces erroneous adaptations with right ones. In the event that that doesn’t work, have a go at running DISM orders in the Order Brief. DISM is utilized to examine ruined and broken framework records. It likewise puts in new gadget drivers and other discretionary parts.
1. Hit the Windows search button.
2. Type cmd in the pursuit bar and select “Run as manager.”
3. Enter the accompanying order to run SFC:
4. Allow for the order to be executed then type in the following one to run DISM:
DISM/On the web/Cleanup-picture/ScanHealth
Likewise read: How to Track down the Most extreme Smash Limit of Your PC
13. Update Windows
Ordinarily, refreshing Windows will tackle the issue and dispose of any bugs that might be making your PC freeze up. At times more established forms of Windows may not be viable with your mouse drivers making the mouse freeze. In the event that you’re running Windows 11, check for updates and introduce them as needs be. In the event that you’re running a more seasoned rendition of Windows, really look at Microsoft’s site for accessible updates and introduce them from that point.
1. Hit the windows key.
2. Select “Windows Update.”
3. Click on “Check for updates.”
4. If there are any updates. Select “Download and install.”
14. Restart Your PC
This is the most solid method for getting your PC running once more. Typically, restarting will clear up a brief programming issue and get everything working once more and hopefuly will fix mouse stops working issue. On the off chance that you have a more seasoned PC, it will most likely be unable to deal with an excessive number of projects running immediately so you really want a framework restart.
Mouse is one of the most popular devices used by computer users. This is small and easily portable, this is very durable, and they can be used in many different ways. The only issue with mouse is that it can be a little finicky. Sometimes Mouse stops working for a few seconds, but fortunately, there are a few solutions to help you fix this problem.