Screen sharing your iPhone to an LG TV allows you to display your iPhone’s screen directly on the big screen. This can be great for showing photos, videos, presentations, documents and more from your iPhone on your LG TV.
There are a few different ways to go about how to screen share iphone to lg tv. The best options depend on the specific LG TV model you have and whether you want to screen share over a wireless connection or with a wired connection.
In this guide, we will cover the top methods for how to screen share iphone to lg tv including using AirPlay, Chromecast, Miracast, HDMI cables and more. We’ll also provide tips for troubleshooting any issues you may encounter when trying to screen share your iPhone to your LG TV.
Overview of Ways to Screen Share iPhone to LG TV
Here is a quick overview of the main options available for how to screen share iphone to lg tv:
- AirPlay – Stream wirelessly from iPhone to LG TVs that are AirPlay compatible. Models 2013 and newer generally support AirPlay.
- LG TV Plus app – For newer LG webOS smart TVs, you can use the LG TV Plus app to screen mirror iPhone.
- Chromecast – For LG TVs without built-in casting, add a Chromecast device to screen share over WiFi.
- Miracast – If your LG TV supports Miracast, you can wirelessly screen mirror your iPhone through this protocol.
- HDMI cable – Use an HDMI cable to connect your iPhone to LG TV for a wired screen sharing option. Requires HDMI adapter for iPhone.
- LG WiDi app – For older LG smart TVs, you may be able to use the LG WiDi app to cast your iPhone’s screen.
- Apple TV – Connect an Apple TV box to your LG TV to AirPlay iPhone screen share.
Now let’s look at how to use each of these methods in more detail.
Screen Share iPhone to LG TV with AirPlay
One of the easiest ways to screen share your iPhone to a compatible LG TV is to use AirPlay.
Here are the steps to use AirPlay for how to screen share iphone to lg tv:
- First, check if your LG TV is AirPlay compatible. Most 2013 and newer LG smart TVs support AirPlay. If not sure, consult your TV’s manual.
- Make sure both your iPhone and LG TV are connected to the same wireless network.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping down from the top right corner of the screen.
- Long press on the Screen Mirroring icon. This will bring up available AirPlay devices.
- Select your LG TV from the list.
- Your iPhone screen should now be mirrored on your LG TV. Anything displayed on your iPhone will also show on the TV.
- To stop AirPlaying, open Control Center again and tap the Screen Mirroring icon. This will disconnect your iPhone from your LG TV.
The benefit of using AirPlay is it works completely wirelessly over WiFi. Just make sure your iPhone and LG TV are on the same network for the best performance.
Use LG TV Plus App to Screen Share iPhone
For newer LG webOS smart TVs, there is a TV Plus app you can use to screen mirror your iPhone.
Here is how to use the LG TV Plus app for how to screen share iphone to lg tv:
- On your LG TV, make sure webOS is updated to the latest version.
- Download and install the LG TV Plus app on your iPhone from the App Store.
- Connect both your iPhone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
- Open the LG TV Plus app on your iPhone.
- Select your LG TV from the list. This will pair your iPhone with your TV.
- In the app, tap the Screen Share icon.
- Your iPhone screen will now be mirrored on your LG TV. Tap the Screen Share icon again to disconnect.
The LG TV Plus app provides an easy screen sharing option specifically designed for newer LG TVs. Just be sure to have the app both on your iPhone and LG TV.
Cast iPhone Screen to LG TV with Chromecast
If your LG TV does not have built-in casting capabilities, you can add this feature with a Chromecast device.
Follow these steps to use Chromecast to screen share iPhone to LG TV:
- Connect the Chromecast device to an open HDMI port on your LG TV.
- Configure the Chromecast using the Google Home app on your iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone and Chromecast are both connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open the content you want to cast on your iPhone. Tap the Cast icon.
- Select the Chromecast device. This will screen mirror your iPhone on your LG TV.
- To stop casting, open the app and tap the Cast icon again.
The benefit of Chromecast is it works for both iOS and Android devices. Just plug the dongle into your TV and you can start casting content immediately.
Mirror iPhone Screen to LG TV with Miracast
Miracast is a wireless display standard that allows screen mirroring between devices without requiring a WiFi network. If your LG TV is Miracast-enabled, you can use this to screen share your iPhone.
Here is how Miracast works for how to screen share iphone to lg tv:
- On your LG TV, ensure Miracast is enabled in the Settings menu.
- On your iPhone, open Control Center by swiping down from top right.
- Long press on the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select your LG TV from the list of available Miracast devices.
- Accept the connection prompt on your LG TV.
- Your iPhone screen will now be mirrored onto your LG TV over Miracast.
The main benefit of Miracast is it creates a direct wireless connection without the need for a WiFi network or extra equipment. Just enable Miracast on your compatible LG TV and iPhone.
Use HDMI Cable to Screen Share iPhone to LG TV
For a wired screen sharing option, you can use an HDMI cable to connect your iPhone directly to your LG TV.
To screen share iPhone to LG TV with HDMI:
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable into an open HDMI port on your LG TV.
- Attach an HDMI adapter or dongle to your iPhone’s charging port.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the iPhone adapter.
- Your iPhone screen should automatically be displayed on your LG TV.
- To disconnect, simply remove the HDMI cable from your iPhone.
Using an HDMI cable for screen sharing gives you the most reliable wired connection. Just note you’ll need the appropriate HDMI adapter for your iPhone model.
Cast iPhone to Older LG TVs with LG WiDi App
For older LG smart TVs, there is an LG WiDi app you can try using to cast your iPhone’s screen to your TV.
Follow these steps to use LG WiDi:
- Download and install the LG WiDi app on your iPhone from the App Store.
- On your LG TV, go to Settings > Network > WiDi and enable WiDi screen sharing.
- Connect your iPhone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
- Open the LG WiDi app on your iPhone and select your TV.
- Accept the connection prompt on your LG TV.
- Your iPhone screen should now be shared to your TV.
The LG WiDi app works similarly to AirPlay as an easy wireless casting option. Just ensure your LG TV model supports WiDi connectivity.
Screen Share from iPhone Using Apple TV
Another option is to connect an Apple TV box to your LG TV. This allows you to AirPlay content from your iPhone using the Apple TV.
To use Apple TV for screen sharing:
- Connect Apple TV to your LG TV using an HDMI cable into an open port.
- Set up and configure your Apple TV using your iPhone. Make sure both are on the same WiFi.
- On your iPhone, open Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select your Apple TV from the list.
- Your iPhone screen will now be shared to your LG TV through Apple TV.
While this does require purchasing additional hardware, it enables wireless casting on any TV with an HDMI port. Apple TV also allows streaming other iOS content.
Troubleshooting Screen Sharing iPhone to LG TV
If you are having issues getting your iPhone to screen share to your LG TV, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Check that your iPhone and LG TV are connected to the same wireless network if casting over WiFi.
- If screen sharing with AirPlay or LG TV Plus, ensure your TV model supports the feature.
- Make sure you have any necessary apps like LG TV Plus or LG WiDi installed on both devices.
- Reboot both your iPhone and LG TV then try to reconnect.
- With wired HDMI, verify the cable is securely connected and that the HDMI ports are working properly.
- Move your iPhone and TV closer together if you are mirroring wirelessly to improve the connection.
- For ongoing issues, try restarting your wireless router if screen sharing over WiFi.
Following proper setup steps for your selected screen sharing method and verifying proper app/device compatibility will help avoid most issues mirroring your iPhone to an LG TV.
Frequently Asked Questions About How to Screen Share iPhone to LG TV
Here are answers to some common questions about how to screen share iphone to lg tv:
How do I know if my LG TV is compatible for screen sharing?
Most LG TVs 2013 and newer support screen sharing through AirPlay. For other features like Miracast, WiDi, or LG TV Plus, consult your TV model’s manual or specifications.
Does screen sharing work for both Android and iPhone to LG TV?
Many options like Chromecast work for both iOS and Android. AirPlay only works with iPhone and Miracast is available on both. An HDMI cable will work with all devices.
Do I need to install any apps to screen share my iPhone to an LG TV?
You may need to install companion apps like LG TV Plus or LG WiDi on your iPhone or smart TV for certain casting methods. AirPlay and Chromecast do not require any apps to be installed.
Can I screen share videos and photos from my iPhone?
Yes, any content displayed on your iPhone can be screen shared to your LG TV, including videos, photos, webpages, presentations and more. Audio will also play through your TV speakers.
Is there any lag when screen sharing iPhone to LG TV?
There can be minor lag depending on your WiFi connection strength. Using a wired HDMI connection will provide the smoothest mirroring experience. Staying close to your wireless router helps reduce lag.
Whether you want to display your iPhone photos on the big screen or watch iPhone videos on your LG TV, screen sharing makes it easy. With multiple options like AirPlay, Chromecast, HDMI cables and LG TV Plus, you can find the right screen mirroring method based on your iPhone model and LG TV capabilities.
Follow the quick setup steps outlined for solutions like AirPlay and Miracast for a seamless wireless experience. Or use a reliable HDMI cable for wired connectivity. Refer to the troubleshooting tips if you have any issues getting your iPhone to properly screen share to your compatible LG TV.